Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Catsup

Here's a summery so we're caught up:

Out and a Boat;









Who we'd like to thank: Jake and Nicole for letting us go with them so many times. They are the bestest of friends.


Silver Lake;



















This is Silver-Lake-Not-To-Be-Confused-With-Silver-Lake-Flat.

Hiking up here was cathartic but breath-taking, literally, since the day was languid and I had brought up more sugary drinks than water, of course. But then we jumped in the lake, meaning I pushed Warren in. We made tinfoil dinners and dearest Warren, of course, made the best of fires.

And that's all I have to say about Silver Lake.


Scott Ritter;






You may not be able to tell, because our camera really is this bad and I didn't even try to adjust the pictures, but this is Josh Ritter's tour bus. He was not in it. A taxi cab drove up eventually and he and his band got out and then went straight into the bus from there, being very sleuth-like, but we saw him anyway. Now I'm feeling like a creep. But that shouldn't surprise anyone.

The show was super, of course, but what really stood out was the guy behind us who kept cheering for "Scotty" when there wasn't actually any "Scotty" up there.

After the show, we got to talk to the wonderful young man, that Josh, and he even showed us his wedding ring, relating it to LOTR, and I knew then that we were soul mates: He, Warren, his wife Dawn, and I.

We didn't get a picture with him because at the last minute I was too shy to bother him with such a thing. But he did hug is like five times each. (He does that with everyone.)

High Uinta Backpacking;




Granddaddy Basin. Land of a good many lakes. Thanks for the tip, Benny D.



Mohawk Lake.




Warren is very proficient at firewood procurement. You need to try blending in if you're a dying tree, or even one looking the slightest bit unkempt.



He's just as good at making a fire with the stuff, which has long been advantageous. Can you imagine if we both were only good at using a fire, like myself.




This is where, on one of the days up there, I came up with the resourceful, if not brilliant, idea of making fish hooks.





We never used them. This fish just gave itself to us, as it is in nature when you become one with it.

But then we felt so bad for it that we set it free to continue rolling around on its back.




Hail Mary. Or is that not okay to say. Anyway this debacle was actually delightful to hike back in.









This is just a wonderful picture of him.




But this is also where we head out and look forward to a place called "Defa's," of which I will inform you more of later. All I will say is there are places in this world where you think certain people don't exist anymore, only to find out that they do. And that they are thriving.

The next morning we started school, so this was the end of Summer '09. Or should I say the beginning of the rest of our lives? That seems like the best cliche, so I'll definitely have to go with that.


The End.

(Of Summer '09.)



(Dedicated to myself since it is, in fact, my birthday.)

4 comments:

The Staheli's said...

A BIG FAT HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! Seriously...I need your phone number because I would much rather call you. It looks like you've had an adventurous summer! :) Love you and hope you have a GREAT day and a GREAT YEAR!!

The Hills said...

I heart you!!

Tina and Spencer Sitton Family said...

Hello. I. Am. Watching. you.

Happy Birthday sister number 1 (or should I say sister number fun?) okay that was lame. But yes, thank you for your message. I do wish your phone worked -- email me!

I love reading your blog. It's so halarious. It's quite the nice dose of Treewar (that is your new Celeb. name, we could have gone Wartree, but that sounds too close to warty, so I told them that it might be bad for publicity). Anywho, I wish you would comunickay with me some how.

Oaky, I'll end there.

-CMS

The Sitton Family said...

Happy late birthday!!! Please Email me, and let me send you a phone!!

I need your attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't make me act out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Loading